Saturday, January 06, 2007

 

Chance Quotes

Nick Randolph tagged me a while ago as part of the ‘5-things’ tagging meme pervading the ‘blogosphere’. Try as I might, I couldn’t find 5 things about me that I thought others would be interested in knowing (sad, I know), so instead here’s a few quotes and food for thought from interesting people about chance:

Chance favours the prepared mind – Louis Pasteur.

I will study and get ready, and perhaps my chance will come - Abraham Lincoln

God does not play dice [with the universe] – Albert Einstein

Men are not prisoners of fate, but only prisoners of their own minds - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Fortune can, for her pleasure, fools advance, And toss them on the wheels of Chance - Juvenal (55 AD - 127 AD)

No victor believes in chance - Friedrich Nietzsche

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants onWinston Churchill

When a man is pushed, tormented, defeated, he has a chance to learn somethingRalph Waldo Emerson

Fortune knocks but once, but misfortune has much more patience - Laurence Peter

Great lives are the culmination of great thoughts followed by great actions - Peter Sinclair

Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish - Ovid (43 BC - 17 AD)

The Churchill quote is a bit of an odd one out.

Labels: , ,



    

Powered by Blogger