Wednesday, October 11, 2006

 

CodeRush

CodeRush is truly a marvel. It’s an add-in to Visual Studio that makes coding more productive. It really is a superb tool; after you use it for a few days, you’ll wonder how you managed to code without it. In my opinion, there is only one thing wrong with it: the price tag of US$299.00 (approx AU$400) for a single license. If it cost US$149.00, I would have purchased it without giving it a second thought (I think developers that are buying their own tools or operate as one-man shops will not be able to justify the current price tag. I’m not suggesting they should give it away; I realise how much it costs to create something like this, but they may need to re-think their licensing scale.

CodeRush is well worth checking out. To receive an evalution copy you will need to send an email to the address on this page. There are several training videos here. Scott Hanselman covers CodeRush in part 4 of his Productivity Tools for Developers webcast that I linked to.


    

Powered by Blogger