Saturday, September 16, 2006

 

A Few More Quotes...

Several people left comments when I posted a few of my favourite quotes, so here's a few more.
The first quote in this list is from possibly one of the most brilliant men to have every lived, and one of my heros. I would have dearly loved to have met him.

I'm smart enough to know that I'm dumb.
- Richard Feynman

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
- Alexander Pope
[From an Essay on Criticism, 1709:
"A little learning is a dangerous thing; drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring:
there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, and drinking largely sobers us again."]

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
- Sir Winston Churchill
He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Any fool can write code that a computer can understand.
Good programmers write code that humans can understand.
Martin Fowler

All you need is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure.
- Mark Twain

If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.
- Mark Twain

It was on fire when I found it!
- Anon



    

Powered by Blogger